Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Vampiric Babes

Vampire fever continues unabated as Eclipse, the third film in the Twilight series, is now only a month away from a possible record shattering opening weekend. True Blood - which I love, love, love - is about to kick off it's third season in the US, while the second is recently released on DVD and the series of books by Charlaine Harris on which the TV show is based is now up to number 10 (!). I've only read 1 and 2, so I've got some catching up to do.

In September I'm actually working on the PR for an exciting new supernatural series by Aussie author and playwright Van Badham. The first book will be called Burnt Snow and this is a very transparent plug for it. Believe me when I say it is damn good. Aimed at young adults, but with the kind of crossover appeal of Stephenie Meyer.

But the main reason I'm coming over all vampire today is because of this gorgeous photo-shoot of the Twilight ladies, care of Norman Jean Roy, for the July issue of Vanity Fair. The red lippy and victory rolls are all kinds of gorgeous. If you watch the video of the shoot (below) you'll see the hair that I would have had for my wedding gracing Dakota Fanning's head. I say would because every hairdresser I spoke to counselled against me having my hair thus because of its meager, flat and flyaway nature.

Vanity Fair are known for their pin-up style shoots with up-and-coming starlets and some of them are pretty darn cute, even if they are photo shopped to look totally unreal & almost like an old illustration in fact.

Here are a few of my faves: Kristen Stewart, Isla Fisher, Emily Blunt and Teresa Palmer. It is no accident that I've included two Aussies.
Personally I think they should give some more boys a go and make the objectification a little more fair. Thoughts?


3 comments:

F. Degi said...

I watched the video of the twight babes and i found it very exciting to watch, the quality of the video is also very good.

Wild Tea Party said...

Oh golly - that piccie of Isla is too, too adorable!

maggie said...

i prefer "true blood" than "twilight" any day, but those pics are really beautiful. the pic of isla is my fav too!